How to Apply
Online Applications Coming Soon!
Public Housing Waiting List Is Currently Open.
Those who reside in THA's jurisdiction will receive priority in placement and selection from the waiting list.
Public Housing Applications are taken in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays ONLY from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Thomasville Housing Authority
201 James Avenue
Thomasville, NC 27360
The THA conducts extensive screening of applicants prior to providing assistance, which includes, but is not limited to, the following: reviewing criminal records, sex offender registration, and landlord references. Applicable screenings will be conducted for all household members, 18 years of age or older.
The THA will admit applicants to Public Housing developments who meet all eligibility requirements:
- Who meet the definition of family as defined by the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy
- Whose annual income does not exceed the applicable income limits for admission as established by the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Whose family composition conforms to the occupancy standards that are appropriate to the vacant unit.
- Whose past performance in meeting financial obligations, especially rent, is satisfactory.
- Who has no record of disturbance of neighbors, destruction of property, living or housekeeping habits from prior residences that would adversely affect the health, safety, or welfare of other residents or the community.
- Who have no history of criminal activity involving crimes of physical violence, property, or criminal acts with a disposition of guilty that would adversely affect the health, safety, or welfare of other residents of the community.
- Who are not currently using illegal drugs or currently abusing alcohol.
- Owes no prior debt to a Housing Authority, any other Federally Subsidized Housing Program, or previous landlord.
- No record of criminal activity or drug-related criminal activity with a disposition of guilty involving crimes or drug-related activity within seven (7) years of the disposition date of the charge.
- Has not been evicted from any assisted housing in the past 3 years.
Items to bring with you when you and /or submit when you submit the application:
- Birth certificates for all family members
- Social security cards for all family members
- Proof of income (check stubs)
- Social security / (SSI) award letter (if applicable)
- Picture identification for all adult members
- INS Documentation (If applicable)